Culinary Service And Catering
The following lists some of the culinary offerings along with sample menus. Of course almost anything can be provided given enough lead time.
Catered Meals at Your Wine Country Home
Food and Wine Pairing Dinners
- Chef Prepared 5 Course Dinners. US $65 - $85 per person, minimum of 6 plus wine (depending on the selected menu)
- Chef Demo and 5 Course Dinners. US $59 - $75 per person, minimum of 6 plus wine (depending on selected menu and chef)
- Hands On Cooking Class. US $65 per person, minimum of 6 plus wine
- Street Food Local Tour. US $59 per person, minimum of 4 people, maximum 12:
Taste and Savour the local delectable Street food dishes which make Malaysian a food destination of the world of street food. We will experience the local food vendor’s Satay, Chaw Yeow Tew, Sabahan delicious street food and abundant Seafood. (include three street-food restaurants food tasting/three local beer tasting)
Malaysian Sabahan Breakfast US $15 pp
- Roti Canal with Lentil Dal Curry
- Toast with Kaya (coconut Jam)
- Fried Malaysian Noodles with Vegetables & Tofu
- Tropical Fruit Salad
- Coffee/Tea Taleh
Continental Breakfast US $15 pp
- Mushroom & Leeks & Bacon Quiche
- Poached Egg/Asparagus with Hollanaise Sauce
- Lavender Bacon & Home-Fried Potatoes
- Banana Muffins
- Seasonal Tropical Fruit Salad
Healthy Energy Breakfast US $10 pp
- French Scramble Egg
- Granola Parfait with Berries
- Banana Pancake
- Tropical Fruit Smoothies
- Tropical Fruit Salad
Asian Inspired Menu
- Malaysian Fresh Spring Roll Popian
- Prawn with Egg Yolk Butter Sauce
- Fresh Clam with Black Bean Sauce
- Black Pepper Sauce Local Crab
- Morning Glory with Shrimp Paste Belachan
- Bo-Bo Cha-Cha Taipoica Pudding
A Wine Country Menu with Wine Pairing
- Shrimp Bloody Mary Shooters
- Crab Cake with Tarragon Aioli
- Potato Leek/Apple Soup with Pancetta Crisp
- Heirloom Bean Chowder with Parsley and Pine Nut Pesto
- Red Wine Braised Short Ribs with Wild Mushrooms and Polenta
- Lemon Olive Oil Cake with Fresh Fruits
Welcoming Spring Menu
- Spring Roll with Smoked Salmon & Spring Vegetables
- Savory Green Pea/Fresh Corn Salad
- Fresh Pea Soup with Bay Shrimp & Crème Fraiche
- Seared Scallop with Asparagus & Fennel in Vanilla Sauce
- Rack of Lamb with Cherry wine sauce
- Chocolate Truffle Torte with Lemon Custard Sauce
Summer Grilling & BBQ Menu
- Grilled Brined Wild Shrimp with Corn Salsa
- Pulled Pork Slider
- Grilled Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
- Heirloom Tomatoes Soup (Warm or Chilled) with Truffle Oil
- Grilled Hanger Steak with Balsamic Wine Reduction Sauce
- Grilled Salmon with Tea Leaves
- French Vanilla Cream with Fresh Summer Berries in Blue Berries Wine sauce
Vegetarian /Vegan Menu
- Pan-Fried Vegetarian Dumplings
- Summer Vegetarian Fresh Spring Roll with Plum-Chili Sauce
- Grilled Tofu Kebab with Summer Vegetables
- Eggplant & Summer Squash Torte with Marinara sauce
- Flourless Walnut & Chocolate Cake
- Crab Cakes with Artichoke Aioli
- Butter-nut Coconut Lemongrass Soup with Truffle Oil
- Black Cod with Baby Boy-Choy in "Bloody Mary" Seafood Broth
- Braised Short-Ribs with Dried Cherry Merlot Reduction Sauce
- Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse Cake with Madagascar Vanilla Ice Cream
Yin & Yang of Asian Food and Wine Class
- About 2-1/2 hours in length. US $75 per person, minimum of 6. Includes wines.
For many of us the task of putting food and wine together harmoniously is a mystery, especially the complicity of Asian Flavors. Too often wine professionals have over analyzed or rhapsodized about wine and used jargon that is both unfamiliar and intimidating. As a result many of us have felt some angst about the subject and are afraid of getting outside our comfort zone. Chef Mei has long been an advocate of taking the fear out of wine.
It's divided into two parts. We begin with an aroma challenge in which each of us will focus on our ability to identify flavors using the most important organ of taste - - our nose! In the second part, Mei will lead us through an Asian food and wine pairing in which we’ll taste several wines with foods and learn how they interact and affect each other. It's fun and you should come away with a better understanding of how to successfully pair wine and Asian food.
Cooking and Team Building Classes
- Interactive classes in which guests work together to complete a delicious meal learning techniques and culinary history in the process. US $100 per person, minimum of 6 plus wine.
- Sample Classes:
- Asian Street Food
- East Meets West
- Tapas and Other Small Plate
- Deposits: 20% of estimated costs due at booking with remainder due in full when services are rendered.
- Guest Count: Final Guest Count is due 3 days before event. Changes in guest count after that are subject to reasonable extra charges.
- Due to fluctuating cost of food items menu prices are subject to change within 3 days of the event. If a drastic change occurs we will notify you. Your options are to agree to the extra cost or we will suggest options to maintain the agreed upon price.
- Cancellation must be done within 3 days of the event, any costs accrued by us. If you cancel within 24 hours prior to the event we will bill you 20% food cost part of the cancellation fee.
- Damage: We assume no responsibility for damage or loss prior to, during or after the event. We of course will do everything we can to act responsibly. We may not be held liable for any losses resulting from this event.